2nd Global Business of Biodiversity Symposium (GBOB)-1st Global Business of Forests 2011 (GBOF)
GFTN is taking part in the Global Business of Biodiversity (GBOB) Symposium 2, which takes place on 28th November at the IET, Savoy Place, London WC2R 0BL
GBOB-GBOF is a private-sector focused business and biodiversity symposium that is endorsed by the Convention on Biological Diversity, and UNFF, which offers a full day of inspirational speakers, together with a series of practical, interactive sessions.
We are speaking in the Global Business of Forests 188.8.131.52 session
Seeing the Trees, not the Wood
Can the finance sector play a role in sustainable forestry? The finance sector has long played a role in financing forestry, both through equity and debt markets, but sustainability has not always been at the fore in decision making. Over the past decade, some banks have put in place lending policies that include sustainability risk standards, but these have not scaled to become a market norm. This session will look at this challenge, and specifically:
- How can sustainable forest lending policies be standardised across financial institutions, much like the Equator Principles have for project finance?
- Are there gaps in technical capacity in the finance sector, and how can this be addressed?
- What opportunities are there for banks to integrate sustainable forestry into their products, and will they create new markets for sustainable forest finance?
- PwC, Jon Williams, Partner, Sustainability & Climate Change
- UNEPFI - Ivo Mulder - Taking a Long Term approach
- Jupiter Asset Management, Emma Howard Boyd, Head of Sustainable Investment and Governance
- WWF – George White, Head, Global Forest & Trade Network
Panel - Questions and Answers
Designed for all of our Members, CSR, Sustainability and Biodiversity professionals across sectors, GBOB has kindly offered GFTN and its participants and partners a specially discounted rate at registration. Instead of £225.00, you can gain access to all areas and enjoy food and beverage throughout the day for just £65.00+vat.
To book and register, click on this link http://www.regonline.co.uk/gbob and enter the this special discount code: GBOB10375 (case sensitive)
GBOB is aligned this year to incorporate the 1st Global Business of Forests Conference as part of the International Year of Forests. We have an excellent programme and expert high level speakers from across Government and Industry, including the Indonesian Minister of the Environment, EU DG of the Environment, Prof Robert Watson, Defra Chief Scientific Adviser amongst many others.
It is one of the exciting private sector focused conference to take place anywhere in the world bringing these two major foci together. It really is a place for business leaders, experts and sustainability professionals, policy makers, NGO’s and other interested stakeholders operating internationally across all relevant sectors, to meet, network, debate issues, share experience, business intelligence and tools, develop understanding, extend knowledge and seek new business opportunities.
We do hope that you will be able to join us and to attend enjoy what the GBOB-GBOF symposium has to offer and we look forward to seeing you there.
28 November 2011
City / Country
IET, London, WC2R 0BL, UK