'Massacre' of Colombian Forests has to stop: Santos | WWF

'Massacre' of Colombian Forests has to stop: Santos



Posted on 27 January 2012
From Colombia Reports: Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos warned Friday the country had lost 10% of its forest in the last 20 years, reported Radio Caracol. "I've already said it and today I say it again without mincing my words: we cannot continue to allow this environmental massacre," said Santos, pointing out the combined area of forest that had been decimated in the last five years -- 600,000 acres -- equalled the size of Colombia's Atlantico department.
Read more...