GFTN-Laos is the first GFTN office operating under a collaborative partnership programme with The Forest Trust (TFT, formerly Tropical Forest Trust). The strategic approach of this partnership is to develop a favorable environment for certification of natural and planted forests by:
- Supporting international companies with strong corporate policy on sustainability to create good examples for sustainable forest management and plantation development in Lao PDR;
- Facilitating Chain of Custody (CoC) certification of committed processing companies, and linking them to certified supply base in Lao PDR
- Providing a set of services and benefits (i.e. market links) to participants of the GFTN/TFT program in Lao PDR in order to enhance economic benefits from certification
- Promoting improved forest management practices among small forest owners and community forests
- Exploring and implementing strategies to lower costs of certification
News & Publications
Largest forest concession in the Congo Basin receives FSC certification
The largest contiguous forest concession in the tropics is now FSC certified.
GFTN FY14 Annual Report
WWF/GFTN's 2014 Annual Report reflects upon the achievements of the programme, and the multitude of ...
Community forests in Gabon open economic pathways for locals, but future remains uncertain
A joint Nature Plus-WWF project called DACEFI has paved the way for community forestry to grow in ...
Trees, cows, sugar and 4 million people: water security in the uMngeni river basin
A New Generations Plantation (NGP) study tour to uMngeni basin in South Africa looked at how the ...
GFTN receives FSC-US leadership award
GFTN recognized for contributing to FSC's growth.
Research review: The impact of Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certification
A literature review of studies examining the environmental, social and governance impact of FSC ...
Getting Smallholders Invested in Sustainability
Domtar sells its 5 millionth tonne of FSC-certified uncoated paper, a first for the North American ...
World's largest print run now carries FSC label
From the forest to the printer, the entire value chain of the IKEA catalogue is now certified by ...
FSC proves resilience, paves way for a stronger future
The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)’s General Assembly proved that the multi-stakeholder ...
WWF guide for banks provides plan for sustainable finance
A new guide released today by WWF explains how banks can go beyond reputation and risk management ...