GFTN-Laos is the first GFTN office operating under a collaborative partnership programme with The Forest Trust (TFT, formerly Tropical Forest Trust). The strategic approach of this partnership is to develop a favorable environment for certification of natural and planted forests by:
- Supporting international companies with strong corporate policy on sustainability to create good examples for sustainable forest management and plantation development in Lao PDR;
- Facilitating Chain of Custody (CoC) certification of committed processing companies, and linking them to certified supply base in Lao PDR
- Providing a set of services and benefits (i.e. market links) to participants of the GFTN/TFT program in Lao PDR in order to enhance economic benefits from certification
- Promoting improved forest management practices among small forest owners and community forests
- Exploring and implementing strategies to lower costs of certification
News & Publications
Responsible sourcing of forest products beneficial for businesses, new WWF report shows
Strong responsible forest products sourcing policies can bring numerous tangible business benefits, ...
“Ordinary People, Simple Choices, Great Change” – WWF-China Green Walk raises awareness about forest conservation
The walk kicked off WWF-China's forest awareness campaign.
A New Committee Formed to Oversee the Implementation of the Zanzibar Declaration
In reaffirming commitments against illegal trade in timber and other products, the representatives ...
FSC disassociates from Schweighofer, following WWF complaint
Calls on the company to take action against illegal timber trade.
New report highlights business opportunity using credible sustainability standards to achieve SDGs
A new report published by WWF and ISEAL indicates how businesses can contribute strongly to the ...
WWF Forest Sector Transformation Annual Review 2016
The FST Annual Review 2016 recaps WWF's most notable achievements.
FSC puts Schweighofer on probation – immediate action needed by both parties to stop illegal timber trade
WWF calls on the company to immediately address conditions outlined by FSC.
106 paper brands get WWF Awards 2016
Gland, Switzerland – The WWF Environmental Paper Awards 2016, issued today, go to 106 paper brands ...
Banking on the Amazon: how the finance sector can do more to avoid tropical deforestation
Chainsaws are not the only tools contributing to deforestation. A report published today by WWF ...
WWF Welcomes first shipment of legally licensed wood products from Indonesia to the EU
Today the first shipment of wood products licensed under Forest Law Enforcement Governance and ...