GFTN-Laos is the first GFTN office operating under a collaborative partnership programme with The Forest Trust (TFT, formerly Tropical Forest Trust). The strategic approach of this partnership is to develop a favorable environment for certification of natural and planted forests by:
- Supporting international companies with strong corporate policy on sustainability to create good examples for sustainable forest management and plantation development in Lao PDR;
- Facilitating Chain of Custody (CoC) certification of committed processing companies, and linking them to certified supply base in Lao PDR
- Providing a set of services and benefits (i.e. market links) to participants of the GFTN/TFT program in Lao PDR in order to enhance economic benefits from certification
- Promoting improved forest management practices among small forest owners and community forests
- Exploring and implementing strategies to lower costs of certification
News & Publications
Making sustainable forest management profitable
New WWF research shows that investing in achieving FSC certification can increase profits for ...
FSC certification yields financial benefits for tropical forest businesses, shows new WWF report
Tropical producers and SMEs can benefit significantly from FSC certification, report finds
GUEST BLOG: Responsible forestry critical to achieving true 'deforestation-free' supply chains
Insights on deforestation-free initiatives by Anders Hildeman, IKEA's Forestry Manager.
GFTN participants receive first FSC certification for mangrove forests in Borneo
First group certification at the concession level for PT Kandelia Alam and PT Bina Ovivipari ...
Plantation study tour looks at the role of bamboo in sustainable economies
Global fight to stop deforestation failing on many fronts, says WWF report
International efforts to stem forest loss and achieve the goal of zero net deforestation are ...
WWF Forest Certification Assessment Tool (CAT)
WWF has developed the Certification Assessment Tool (CAT) to test the strength of certification ...
WWF and Apple commit to help protect China’s forests
Helping China reduce its environmental footprint
Republic of Congo is among top 10 countries worldwide with largest FSC certified area
The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certification scheme is gaining momentum in Central Africa.
WWF-Germany files charges against paper retailers suspected of violating EU Timber Regulation
WWF-Germany has filed charges against a number of stationery retailers and importers selling paper ...