GFTN-Laos is the first GFTN office operating under a collaborative partnership programme with The Forest Trust (TFT, formerly Tropical Forest Trust). The strategic approach of this partnership is to develop a favorable environment for certification of natural and planted forests by:
- Supporting international companies with strong corporate policy on sustainability to create good examples for sustainable forest management and plantation development in Lao PDR;
- Facilitating Chain of Custody (CoC) certification of committed processing companies, and linking them to certified supply base in Lao PDR
- Providing a set of services and benefits (i.e. market links) to participants of the GFTN/TFT program in Lao PDR in order to enhance economic benefits from certification
- Promoting improved forest management practices among small forest owners and community forests
- Exploring and implementing strategies to lower costs of certification
News & Publications
Research review: The impact of Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certification
A literature review of studies examining the environmental, social and governance impact of FSC ...
Getting Smallholders Invested in Sustainability
Domtar sells its 5 millionth tonne of FSC-certified uncoated paper, a first for the North American ...
World's largest print run now carries FSC label
From the forest to the printer, the entire value chain of the IKEA catalogue is now certified by ...
FSC proves resilience, paves way for a stronger future
The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)’s General Assembly proved that the multi-stakeholder ...
WWF guide for banks provides plan for sustainable finance
A new guide released today by WWF explains how banks can go beyond reputation and risk management ...
EU countries failing to halt illegal timber trade
A survey by WWF confirms that many EU countries are still failing to halt the entry of illegal wood ...
GFTN Newsletter – July 2014
Special Edition: Responsible Asia Forestry & Trade Partnership (RAFT)
Sustainable rattan management in Laos goes from strength to strength with new FSC certifications and export order
In 2011, the world’s first FSC-certified rattan forests premiered in Laos. Three years later, WWF ...
WWF West Africa Forest Programme Office Transitions into Nature and Development Foundation
Global Banks Sign Zero Net Deforestation Compact with Clients
Seven early adopters – Barclays, Deutsche Bank, UBS, BNP Paribas, Lloyds Banking Group, RBS and ...