GFTN-Laos is the first GFTN office operating under a collaborative partnership programme with The Forest Trust (TFT, formerly Tropical Forest Trust). The strategic approach of this partnership is to develop a favorable environment for certification of natural and planted forests by:
- Supporting international companies with strong corporate policy on sustainability to create good examples for sustainable forest management and plantation development in Lao PDR;
- Facilitating Chain of Custody (CoC) certification of committed processing companies, and linking them to certified supply base in Lao PDR
- Providing a set of services and benefits (i.e. market links) to participants of the GFTN/TFT program in Lao PDR in order to enhance economic benefits from certification
- Promoting improved forest management practices among small forest owners and community forests
- Exploring and implementing strategies to lower costs of certification
News & Publications
New US$280 million Initiative for Sustainable Forest Landscapes announced by top REDD+ donor nations
Guide to Lesser Known Tropical Timber Species
The guide provides information on more than 50 lesser known timber species that are highly valuable ...
GFTN Newsletter - October 2013
Latest news and achievements from WWF/GFTN
From the forest floor to the factory: Sustainable timber trade in action
Companies disclose ecological footprint of 82 million tonnes of pulp and paper
WWF recognizes the leadership in transparency of 25 of the world’s most important pulp and paper ...
Certification scheme PEFC urged to follow Forest Stewardship Council lead on APRIL deforestation
Leading environment groups WWF, Greenpeace and the Rainforest Action Network (RAN) have ...
GFTN Newsletter - July 2013
Major highlights: WWF-IKEA partnership, groundbreaking progress in China, FSC uptick
Report shows EU imports more goods linked to deforestation than any other region
Disturbing new evidence has just been published by the European Commission showing that despite the ...
Indonesian deforestation moratorium extended
Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, the President of Indonesia, has extended the country’s moratorium on ...
WWF and Tetra Pak launch FSC awareness campaign in Romania
Only one in four Romanian consumers knows what the FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) logo on ...