GFTN-Laos is the first GFTN office operating under a collaborative partnership programme with The Forest Trust (TFT, formerly Tropical Forest Trust). The strategic approach of this partnership is to develop a favorable environment for certification of natural and planted forests by:
- Supporting international companies with strong corporate policy on sustainability to create good examples for sustainable forest management and plantation development in Lao PDR;
- Facilitating Chain of Custody (CoC) certification of committed processing companies, and linking them to certified supply base in Lao PDR
- Providing a set of services and benefits (i.e. market links) to participants of the GFTN/TFT program in Lao PDR in order to enhance economic benefits from certification
- Promoting improved forest management practices among small forest owners and community forests
- Exploring and implementing strategies to lower costs of certification
News & Publications
“Zero deforestation” champion creates new risks for Indonesia’s forests and peatlands
New report: APP is putting forest and carbon-rich peatlands at risk with new pulp mill.
WWF Environmental Paper Awards 2016 open for submissions
Gland, Switzerland – WWF is now inviting pulp and paper producers, paper buyers, agents and ...
Building a forest governance framework in Latin America
WWF hosts event on strengthening forest governance in Latin America.
EU must put cascading use of wood at the heart of circular economy and the bioenergy strategy – WWF and Mondi
Using wood more efficiently to meet demand for wood-based products in Europe should be at the heart ...
Cascading use of wood products
Using wood more efficiently to meet projected demand for wood-based products in Europe should be at ...
WWF Forest Sector Transformation FY15 Annual Review
A look at WWF's forest sector related achievements and successes in FY2015.
WWF proposes ways to boost the Brazilian Forest Code
In the final stretch of implementation of the Rural Environmental Registry (or CAR, the acronym in ...
European Commission holds key to the end of EU trade in illegal timber
Brussels, Belgium - WWF welcomed the report published by the European Commission today, showing ...
WWF offers a free online Environmental Self-Check for pulp, paper and packaging products
Gland, Switzerland - WWF, the conservation organisation, has developed a free and non-public ...
Viewpoint: WWF & CDP perspectives on halting deforestation
WWF's Rod Taylor and CDP's Katie McCoy share their views.