GFTN-Laos is the first GFTN office operating under a collaborative partnership programme with The Forest Trust (TFT, formerly Tropical Forest Trust). The strategic approach of this partnership is to develop a favorable environment for certification of natural and planted forests by:
- Supporting international companies with strong corporate policy on sustainability to create good examples for sustainable forest management and plantation development in Lao PDR;
- Facilitating Chain of Custody (CoC) certification of committed processing companies, and linking them to certified supply base in Lao PDR
- Providing a set of services and benefits (i.e. market links) to participants of the GFTN/TFT program in Lao PDR in order to enhance economic benefits from certification
- Promoting improved forest management practices among small forest owners and community forests
- Exploring and implementing strategies to lower costs of certification
News & Publications
EU countries failing to halt illegal timber trade
A survey by WWF confirms that many EU countries are still failing to halt the entry of illegal wood ...
GFTN Newsletter – July 2014
Special Edition: Responsible Asia Forestry & Trade Partnership (RAFT)
Sustainable rattan management in Laos goes from strength to strength with new FSC certifications and export order
In 2011, the world’s first FSC-certified rattan forests premiered in Laos. Three years later, WWF ...
WWF West Africa Forest Programme Office Transitions into Nature and Development Foundation
Global Banks Sign Zero Net Deforestation Compact with Clients
Seven early adopters – Barclays, Deutsche Bank, UBS, BNP Paribas, Lloyds Banking Group, RBS and ...
Paper path to sustainability and social responsibility unveiled
Starting today, more than 100 civil society groups including WWF will be promoting a Global ...
FSC in the Greater Mekong region: Past the half-million hectare mark, but where to next?
On 9 May 2014, FSC reached a milestone in the Greater Mekong region with the certification of ...
GFTN Newsletter - April 2014
Latest news and achievements from WWF/GFTN
'Remarkable social progress' when forests are FSC certified - new study confirms
Forests FSC certified for their sustainable management provide more benefits to communities ...
WWF and Mondi to sustain ecosystems through responsible business practices
High conservation value forests in the Danube-Carpathian region will also be a focus of the ...