GFTN-Laos is the first GFTN office operating under a collaborative partnership programme with The Forest Trust (TFT, formerly Tropical Forest Trust). The strategic approach of this partnership is to develop a favorable environment for certification of natural and planted forests by:
- Supporting international companies with strong corporate policy on sustainability to create good examples for sustainable forest management and plantation development in Lao PDR;
- Facilitating Chain of Custody (CoC) certification of committed processing companies, and linking them to certified supply base in Lao PDR
- Providing a set of services and benefits (i.e. market links) to participants of the GFTN/TFT program in Lao PDR in order to enhance economic benefits from certification
- Promoting improved forest management practices among small forest owners and community forests
- Exploring and implementing strategies to lower costs of certification
News & Publications
Republic of Congo is among top 10 countries worldwide with largest FSC certified area
The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certification scheme is gaining momentum in Central Africa.
WWF-Germany files charges against paper retailers suspected of violating EU Timber Regulation
WWF-Germany has filed charges against a number of stationery retailers and importers selling paper ...
WWF´s “Environmental Self-check” –a free and confidential service for pulp and paper producers
With today’s launch of the online Environmental Self-check, WWF provides an improved service to ...
WWF France and Rougier to jointly advance responsible forest management and trade
WWF and Rougier entered a three-year strategic collaboration focused on advancing sustainable ...
Paper too valuable to be wasted - new film
A new film, The Future of Paper, produced by the civil society coalition Environmental Paper ...
Environmental Paper Company Index 2015 – WWF invites 80 companies
WWF, the world´s largest conservation organisation, is inviting the world’s leading pulp and paper ...
More to conservation than APP's clearing halt
Two years after Asia Pulp & Paper (APP) announced a new “forest conservation” policy, APP’s pledge ...
NGOs say APRIL's policy anniversary without real gain
On the first anniversary of APRIL’s “Sustainable Forest Management Policy”, Eyes on the Forest, ...
FSC certified now: 3.5 mln forest hectares in the Green Heart of Europe
A growing number of forest products in the region are sustainable
Largest forest concession in the Congo Basin receives FSC certification
The largest contiguous forest concession in the tropics is now FSC certified.