GFTN-Laos is the first GFTN office operating under a collaborative partnership programme with The Forest Trust (TFT, formerly Tropical Forest Trust). The strategic approach of this partnership is to develop a favorable environment for certification of natural and planted forests by:
- Supporting international companies with strong corporate policy on sustainability to create good examples for sustainable forest management and plantation development in Lao PDR;
- Facilitating Chain of Custody (CoC) certification of committed processing companies, and linking them to certified supply base in Lao PDR
- Providing a set of services and benefits (i.e. market links) to participants of the GFTN/TFT program in Lao PDR in order to enhance economic benefits from certification
- Promoting improved forest management practices among small forest owners and community forests
- Exploring and implementing strategies to lower costs of certification
News & Publications
Environmental Paper Company Index 2015 – WWF invites 80 companies
WWF, the world´s largest conservation organisation, is inviting the world’s leading pulp and paper ...
More to conservation than APP's clearing halt
Two years after Asia Pulp & Paper (APP) announced a new “forest conservation” policy, APP’s pledge ...
NGOs say APRIL's policy anniversary without real gain
On the first anniversary of APRIL’s “Sustainable Forest Management Policy”, Eyes on the Forest, ...
FSC certified now: 3.5 mln forest hectares in the Green Heart of Europe
A growing number of forest products in the region are sustainable
Largest forest concession in the Congo Basin receives FSC certification
The largest contiguous forest concession in the tropics is now FSC certified.
GFTN FY14 Annual Report
WWF/GFTN's 2014 Annual Report reflects upon the achievements of the programme, and the multitude of ...
Community forests in Gabon open economic pathways for locals, but future remains uncertain
A joint Nature Plus-WWF project called DACEFI has paved the way for community forestry to grow in ...
Trees, cows, sugar and 4 million people: water security in the uMngeni river basin
A New Generations Plantation (NGP) study tour to uMngeni basin in South Africa looked at how the ...
GFTN receives FSC-US leadership award
GFTN recognized for contributing to FSC's growth.
Research review: The impact of Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certification
A literature review of studies examining the environmental, social and governance impact of FSC ...