GFTN-Laos is the first GFTN office operating under a collaborative partnership programme with The Forest Trust (TFT, formerly Tropical Forest Trust). The strategic approach of this partnership is to develop a favorable environment for certification of natural and planted forests by:
- Supporting international companies with strong corporate policy on sustainability to create good examples for sustainable forest management and plantation development in Lao PDR;
- Facilitating Chain of Custody (CoC) certification of committed processing companies, and linking them to certified supply base in Lao PDR
- Providing a set of services and benefits (i.e. market links) to participants of the GFTN/TFT program in Lao PDR in order to enhance economic benefits from certification
- Promoting improved forest management practices among small forest owners and community forests
- Exploring and implementing strategies to lower costs of certification
News & Publications
WWF´s Check your Paper now supports Chinese pulp and paper producers and buyers
Gland, Switzerland - WWF launches the Chinese version of WWF´s global online tool “Check your ...
12 Chinese Forestry Companies Commit to Responsible Forest Management in Gabon
Companies made commitment at launch of the "Sustainable Forest Management Declaration."
WWF report: Slow Road to Sustainability
New WWF research shows that only a handful of leading consumer goods companies and retailers have ...
Leading consumer goods companies slow to deliver on sustainable sourcing
Majority of brand manufacturers and retailers yet to take meaningful action to source required soft ...
Panama presents tracking system for the forestry sector, based on Bolivian model
The innovative tracking project aims to eliminate illegal logging.
Small businesses in Asia can help forests and economies grow, new report shows
Businesses can play key role in reducing deforestation
“Zero deforestation” champion creates new risks for Indonesia’s forests and peatlands
New report: APP is putting forest and carbon-rich peatlands at risk with new pulp mill.
WWF Environmental Paper Awards 2016 open for submissions
Gland, Switzerland – WWF is now inviting pulp and paper producers, paper buyers, agents and ...
Building a forest governance framework in Latin America
WWF hosts event on strengthening forest governance in Latin America.
EU must put cascading use of wood at the heart of circular economy and the bioenergy strategy – WWF and Mondi
Using wood more efficiently to meet demand for wood-based products in Europe should be at the heart ...