For detailed information on the advantages of GFTN participation for specific forest and trade participants, click on one of the following:
The Benefits of GFTN Participation
The business case for joining GFTN is compelling.
In addition to helping build a positive corporate image and ensure reliable sources of wood, participation provides support in these broad areas:
- Advisory Services, which offer information and on-site technical assistance with the process of obtaining independent and credible certification, responsible purchasing and procurement policies, industry specific issues, and risk management.
- Resource Mobilization, which yields contacts and networks that help companies, communities, NGOs, and entrepreneurs tap into new and growing markets.
- Long Term Partnerships, which complement private efforts to achieve sustainable forest management and trade.
- Experience and Relationships, which build on GFTN’s comparative advantage in coordinating and leveraging new and innovative collaborations among diverse sectors of the timber industry.
- Proven Expertise, which enables participants to draw on GFTN’s successful track record and reputation as a leader and catalyst of environmental and social innovations in the timber industry.