Wood Industry Urged to Target Local Market | WWF

Wood Industry Urged to Target Local Market

Posted on 09 February 2011
From Vietnam News: Ha Noi — A wood export revenue target for 2011 of around US$4 billion is quite achievable, however, exporters are being advised to focus more on growing domestic demand in order to avoid the risk of rising input prices. The Handicraft and Wood Industry Association of HCM City (HAWA) statistics showed that Viet Nam ranked fourth among Southeast Asia's wood exporters, but just 20 per cent of the wood products consumed in the country are produced by Vietnamese enterprises, the remaining 80 per cent wood products in the country are imported from mainland China, Hong Kong, Thailand and Taiwan. Read more...